Most parents take their car for their first trip with their baby. Planning carefully can help you avoid stress:
- Make your trip on a day with the least likelihood of traffic jams
- Start at a time when the baby is tired and will most likely fall asleep.
- Change diapers and feed the baby before you head off.
- Provide sun protection in your car, e.g., put a towel or sun protection film on the car window. Be careful with air-conditioning: babies cool quicker than adults. Make sure your baby is not sitting next to an open window, where there is high chance of a draught.
- Take a half-hour break at least every 2 hours.
- Pack some HiPP Fruit & Cereal for the journey. Products in plastic pots are particularly easy to transport. Don’t forget to pack enough drinks such as HiPP Juices.
- Keep the food in an easily accessible place and in a cooling bag, but do not keep it too cool. Remember to bring towels, wet wipes/napkins, waste bags.
Always keep babies belted in a child seat suitable for their age whilst driving